SC522 is a modular backplane designed for Z50Bus.
This modular backplane section can be connected to other Z50Bus compatible modular backplanes, or to the LiNC80 SBC1.
This modular backplane can be used with the following modular backplane sections and Z50Bus compatible products:
- Z50Bus compatible products
- SC513 Modular backplane for Z50Bus
- SC522 Modular backplane for Z50Bus
- SC128 Modular backplane for Z50Bus
- LiNC Z50Bus 5-slot backplane
- LiNC80 SBC1
Cards can be placed in any socket, the position and order does not usually matter. However, there are a few exceptions.
- Cards using Z80 mode 2 interrupts need to be grouped together with the highest priority interrupting device to the right (as illustrated above). These cards are linked by a daisy-chain which is incorporated into the backplane. As a result you must not leave an empty slot between any cards generating interrupts.
- Simple Compact Flash storage cards that essentially connect directly to the processor bus sometimes need to be in a socket near to the processor or they can be unreliable.