Slot saving design with a Z80 SIO/2 and a Z80 CTC on one board for RC2014.
This module houses a Z80 SIO/2 chip, which provides two TTL serial ports for use with FTDI style serial adapter cables, and a Z80 CTC, which has four counter/timer channels.
The main features of this module are:
- Full Z80 mode 2 interrupt support (IEI/IEO daisy-chain)
- Two TTL serial ports for use with FTDI serial adpter cables
- Software control of port B’s baud rate
- Source of bus clock (option) to potentially reduce board count
- Z80 mode 2 interrupt generation for two external devices
- Counting and timing functions
Documentation, including assembly details:
SC110 v1.1 SIO/2+CTC module User Guide e1.1.0 (PDF)
SC110 v1.1 SIO/2+CTC for RC2014 – Schematic v1.1 (PDF)