Here’s the second in my set of Z80 peripheral chip modules designed for RC2014.
This module houses a Z80 SIO/2 chip, and provides two TTL serial ports for use with FTDI style serial adapter cables.
The main features of this module are:
- Full Z80 mode 2 interrupt support (IEI/IEO daisy-chain)
- Compatibility option for both register orders used by RC2014
- Two TTL serial ports for use with FTDI serial adpter cables
- Source of bus clock (option) to potentially reduce board count
- On-board clock option to make it independent of the CPU clock
- Baud rate controllable in software when used with SC102 Z80 CTC
Documentation, including assembly details:
Z80 SIO/2 module User Guide e1.0.0 (PDF)
Z80 SIO/2 for RC2014 – Schematic v1.0 (PDF)