Here’s the second in my set of Z80 peripheral chip modules.
This module houses a Z80 SIO/2 chip, and provides two TTL serial ports for use with FTDI style serial adapter cables.
The main features of this module are:
- Full Z80 mode 2 interrupt support (IEI/IEO daisy-chain)
- Compatibility option for both register orders used by RC2014
- Two TTL serial ports for use with FTDI serial adpter cables
- Source of bus clock (option) to potentially reduce board count
- On-board clock option to make it independent of the CPU clock
- Baud rate controllable in software when used with SC102 Z80 CTC
Documentation, including assembly details: Z80 SIO/2 module User Guide e1.0.0 (PDF)
Download Schematic: Z80 SIO/2 for RC2014 – Schematic v1.0 (PDF)
You can purchase the printed circuit board from EasyEDA.com or download the Gerber and send it to your preferred PCB fabricator. If you purchase from EasyEDA you can get 10 boards for their minimum price.