The final instalment in my set of three Z80 peripheral chip modules designed for RC2014.
This module houses a Z80 PIO chip, and provides two 8-bit I/O ports with handshaking.
The main features of this module are:
- Full Z80 mode 2 interrupt support (IEI/IEO daisy-chain)
- Tight address decoding
- DIP switch address selection
- Two 8-bit I/O ports with handshaking
- Connector on rear edge for ribbon cable
- Connector on top edge suitable for Dupont cable
Z80 PIO for RC2014 – Schematic v1.0 (PDF)
My first application of the PIO module is a simple alphanumeric LCD interface.